The AIMM project is divided into six tightly coupled work-packages (WPs):
- WP1 provides the overall project management and dissemination activities.
- WP2 provides use case definitions including key-performance-indicators which will drive comparisons between new and existing architectural approaches.
- WP3 focuses on the benefits and practical realisation of extremely large antenna arrays and intelligent radio surfaces.
- WP4 considers the design and implementation of AI/ML-based radio interface technologies
- WP5 considers enabling frameworks and algorithms for AI-based RAN intelligence and automation
- WP6 focuses on the building of standards-compliant testbeds for assessing and demonstration of the technical solutions
This structure has been designed to maximise interaction between different work areas while maintaining each package with a clearly defined goal and output.